The tour starts in our official facilities of Ballena Aventura, where we offer a refreshing juice of seasonal fruit along with a snack to taste while we make the registration of each one of our companions, once registered we will move in a small walk of Ballena Bay history to the entrance of the Ballena National Marine Park (Uvita Beach sector), where we will take the boat that will be waiting for us, consists on a trip of about an hour and twenty minutes from Uvita Beach to Cano Island, in which there will be a very high probability of seeing cetaceans (whales and/or dolphins) in their respective seasons of arrival.
This tour includes a visit to the main beach of the island, where it is possible to take a hike on the island trail (check availability) with a snorkeling time or you can practice two snorkeling times in two different points, which is one of the best and most beautiful coral reefs in Costa Rica, recognized as the second best place in the country for snorkeling and diving.
Start time of the tour
07 to 08 hours approximately.
Ballena Aventura Office.
Level of difficulty
- Transportation by boat
- Entrance ticket to the biological reserve
- Experienced captain
- Bilingual guide (Spanish/English)
- Safety equipment
- Snorkeling equipment
- Water, fruits
- Private parking for your vehicle if required.
What to Bring?
- Suitable clothing and footwear
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Hat, cap
- Sunglasses or other sunscreen articles
- Beach or bath towel
- Personal medicines
- Dry bag for storing important objects (optional)
- Video and/or photographic camera (optional).
- The tour may vary due to restrictions on Cano Island.
- The most common changes are that the trail will not always remain open to the public, because sometimes they close access, also due to regulations such as: “It is not allowed to eat in the terrestrial zone of the Cano Island Biological Reserve nor to use sanitary toilets”, lunch will be on the boat, Violins Islands or San Josecito Beach.
- Not suitable for pregnant women of high risk, nor children under 02 years of age.
15 PERSONAS, 25 PERSONAS